BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 10, 2005

I went to Wisconsin!


Hi!
At the very last minute I decided to include myself in a retreat that the Short term missions office was having in Menomonie Wisconsin. I'm so glad I went. Everyone from my future office team was there, even some of the other candidates. We got to get to know each other so much better and learn about what each of our strengths are and how we will best fit in at the office.
I even got to be blind and have no use of my arms for lunch one day! Yah, see we had to break up into groups of 5 and then we were all assigned special handicaps that we were to perform durring out lunch break. Out team was given 4$ per person and we were to get ourselves out to lunch eat it and get back, also having learned something new about each other during the event. So! I got "blind and missing both arms". Not until I got into our vehicle did I realize that that meant I wasn't going to be able to feed myself. Oh, fun....yah. but at least I didn't have to see the people who were staring at us as we wadled into the Taco Mac and fed each other and made signlanguage to our mute guy.:-)
So we stayed at a camp in upstate Wisconsin, and FROZE!! the second day. We had some super times praying together and talking about what God is teaching us; as well as laughing and having a good time together. I am really looking forward to working with this group of people. Something that I was afraid of because of the lack of a sense of teamwork; now gives me great encouragement. I can't wait, and now that I'm pushing 70% it is looking like more of a reality!
Thanks for all your help in getting me this far. If it weren't for those of you who are already a part of this team, I'd be so discouraged. THANKS!

0 comments: