BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 01, 2006

Prayer? You're not serious!

Gotta give you an update. Lots......has been going on. Jesus has seen fit to use the events of the last few days, as well as a well-timed book and a few good friends and mentors to reveal to me why my support has been stalled.
I believe it is because I have not taken prayer seriously, nor found it an important factor in my support process. I believe that He has not allowed these churches to support me financially, because He wants to make it all the more obvious that He is doing the providing. It is even more impossible for me to work out the remaining support and that is exactly what He was planning.
I have been reading the book "Gods Smuggler" about Brother Andrew. He was a prayerful and faithful Christian who smuggled Bibles into communist europe and is now helping bring the scripture to other persecuted areas. Wow. The timing of this book has been amazing and thanks to Flori Lee's help I've been exposed to it. Gods timing.
I am still a bit scared, and unerved by events. I am fully trusting and relying on God to supply the remaining support. I am going to wait and see what He arranges. In the meantime, I am trying to build a serious prayer team.
I need at least 12 people to pray for me every day!! and I would like to have a list of people who will pick one day a month to pray for me. Maybe over their morning coffee or on their drive to work that day. But I need serious prayer coverage.
I am also studying how to be better in prayer myself. Of course, God has made me more aware of prayer in scripture as well as bringing it up in Sunday school and the pastors sermon on Sunday.
Brother Andrew doesn't have to be the only one able to see Gods' hand in his life. I believe now, that the reason we don't see God working through prayer is that we don't give him the big stuff often enough. We are always able to get through it on our own effort. It's only when we're forced into these situations and "all" we have left is prayer; that we make the effort.
I still have questions. James 5, God promises to answer prayer that is believed. But.....not all prayer is answered our way. The sick are not always healed. Just because we pray for it, does not make it happen. Why does He say He will answer prayers that way?
I will believe that there are answers to these questions. I do believe that God is compassionate and merciful. I do believe He hears the prayers of the righteous. No matter how I feel. I believe that He is good, He is in control, and He knows my needs. But I must ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you and your ministry at least once a week. i do that on Monday or Tuesday. I have another missionary I pray for on Wednesdays, and one more that i peay for on another day. I certainly can commit to praying at least once a week in the future, since I have been doing so since the Missions Conference in the fall. (I prayed for you sporadically before that.) I don't feel I can commit to every day, as my weekends seem to mess up my mind for those things. I have a good routine on weekdays, so I rarely forget, but if I do, I can make it up on another weekday.

So you have one weekly prayer partner.

Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you too. I don't pray for people as much as I'd like to, but my apartment-mate Chelsea and I have "prayer times" together as often as we can to keep each other praying.

Oh, and here's the link to my blog if you ever get bored, haha.

http://soulsplinter8.livejournal.com/

Love youuu,
Melissa