BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Working with the Lahu


We had a great time, although hot and sweaty, working on the construction project at the Bible School in Chiang Mai (actually Doi Saket). We put up 2" cement block walls, built some forms for cement pillars and other tasks. This picture was of my wall and two Lahu workers that were hanging around listening to me sing while I worked. At first, it was just for my own amusement; but in no time, the ladies came over and sat and listened and then I couldn't quit. I started racking my brain for any hymns I could think of. What was really neat, was that that broke the ice with them and led to more contact and "conversations". The lady next to me is Nam Pau and her daughter (whose name I just never could remember) is on the other side standing.
I will post more pictures in the next few days. Let me know if there is something specific you'd like to see! Posted by Picasa

0 comments: