BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pickle Fest

Out here in Wisconsin, every town has their special festival or fair. In fact, in the surrounding county towns, they have to stick to "their" weekend, or else they'll conflict with some other festival!
last weekend, my new church family had a food booth at the fair. We served breakfast, lunch and dinner! It was such a great time for me to get to know my new brothers and sisters, as well as the people of Boyceville. This little town doesn't even have a stoplight, and the main street is about 2 or 3 blocks long (although there aren't any "blocks"). Everyone and their farm showed up. I really enjoyed the parades and the activities. This little town is so friendly. I've never before experienced such a closely knit group of townspeople. I felt like I was in "down home" America.
In this picture, Luke, Gordy and I are serving breakfast. Gordy makes killer Egg, Sausage sandwiches! The word spread around the street and the line of customers slowly gathered. This being Faith EFC first time with a food booth, decided that we are definately doing this again next year! It's such a great way to be involved in the town.
As for that, I am also starting to get involved in the youth group at Faith. We had our first planning meeting this Wednesday, and I was really encouraged and excited about getting to know the kids and encouraging them in their faith. We hope to challenge them to godly living this year. Pray for these small town kids. Life is tougher here than I expected to see. Kids are kids, both urban and rural. Here the pressure is on sex and alcholism; two things readily available. Pray that they understand more clearly what it means to stand for Christ and that they have the boldness to do it no matter what their peers think. Finally, to pray that they have hope. Hope in their future, hope in Gods provision....
See ya next week!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dagney! Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that you're in my prayers. I'm glad that you're settling in well. Those youth group kids don't know how lucky they are! ;-)

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Dagney! Welcome to Wisconsin!
I hope we get to see each other sometime while you are in this NORTHERN STATE!!!

Good to know there is family nearbye!
Love, your Cousin-in-Law,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of that big sweatshirt you're wearing!! Florida is TOO HOT!!!

You look great and your town sounds so sweet. Still praying and thinking of you often. Take care.

Kathy Ehmann

Anonymous said...

I don't think our town is bigger than yours, but we do have the one and only stop light along the 25 mile stretch of towns.