BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Winter is on the way!

This Monday we had our first sticking snow. Now, as you can maybe NOT see from the picture, the snow was quite light; but it was significant to me because it is a sign! ;-) I've heard from a fellow EFCA'er to "watch out, 'cause as soon as Spring comes, winter is on it's way". Well, so far, so good. I'm trying to guage the thermostat not to waste energy yet, to stay comfortable.
Youth group went so awesome last night! Thank you to those who have been praying for that. Our small group was definately led by the Holy Spirit. He was working in the hearts of the girls and He was giving us a real fellowship with each other. My prayer is that the whole group, the other small groups would have the same experience. I keep intending to take a group shot at youth group, but in the midst of all the prep to go, I forget to grab the camera! argh. I'll try again next week! I want you to see their faces! This ministry is such a blessing to me. Every week I get nervous and worried. Once I talk to God and He reminds me that all I have to do is Go, and He'll do the work through me and the other leaders. He cares way more than I do, that these kids know Him better. All He wants is for me to be faithful to go. Why do I get so wrapped up in my abilities? Anything good about me, or anything I have accomplishe is simply God doing it through me. It has nothing to do with me. I forget too often that if it WERE just me and my abilities, it would fail immediately. Only He can move their minds and their hearts to respond to His word and the truth about His character. Only He can reveal to their minds, that what His word says is truth! I was really excited to see them responding to the Holy Spirit last night. I was also priviledge to see some of God's timing in bringing me here at this time. I am blessed, you are part of it, and we are all being used by God to work in lives. Even if it's one at a time, in a little seemingly insignificant part of the world. I am so glad that NO ONE is insignificant to God! sigh...

0 comments: