BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 03, 2007

A final report on Training Camp


I had to share these pictures with you, which I just received. We were priviledged, while at training camp, to attend a Bible Dedication ceremony. These New Testaments were already presented in their villages, but were being celebrated by the USA staff. The first translation, you can see was a candle!! This is a secret language group in a secret country! Wow. The other NT were begun in the '70's and have just been completed. It was an amazing worship service. I was so encouraged and so thrilled to be joining the team. God is doing wonderful things through this organziation and I get to be a part of it! I got to hear some great stories about the process of translating the NT into the Folopa language. The Folopa NT work began in 1973 and was published in 2005!
I have also included a picture of me speaking at training camp. We were asked to tell the story of how God brought us to this organization. It was amazing to hear of all the various and creative ways that God brought each individual to where they are now. I was honored to be amongst that group of believers.
For a bit of really recent news. We held our Bible Quiz at youth group last night. The leadership team plus one girl and one boy voluteer! The girls did super. The boys really needed that volunteer! It took us about 45 minutes to complete the quiz. It was the first time that this group has experienced a quiz, with quiz pads etc. They thought at first, that they were going to be "zapped" if they got the question wrong!!! :-) No! Gordy and Bear were the facilitators and the kids did admirably for their first time! I hope that this will spur on some future Bible quizzes. It did get them to memorize those verses! Well, at least the girls!
I've been invited to the Boyceville HS play next week! I love stuff like that! Maybe this time I'll remember my camera!
Thanks for reading! Thanks for partnering with me!!!
Dagney

3 comments:

The Heart said...

I love how new people believe all the tall tales of how you can get zapped when you are wrong. It was such a good trick to play on the Jr. High team....

"Nick" said...

Ah, so you didn't turn on the zapper for their first time. Good choice.

It is important to remind them that the zapper only works when they KNOW the question, but DON'T jump, not just when they DO jump and get it wrong.

Ah, the fun we had with quizzers...:D

Nomad said...

Glad to hear everything is going well in the Wycliffe transition, and it is exciting to see that the translation of the Bible has gone so far. Soon truly the Gospel will be known in every corner of the planet, in every tongue.

And good job in extending Bible Quizzing to a new Youth Group. Let us know if you need any help with that! www.QuizPad.Com is always there to help! :-)