BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Waiting in Hemet

Well, here is a view of "my mountains" for you! The paddock in the picture is behind my house. Cool huh?
This week I met with a group of youth ministry people in San Diego. I was invited to meet some of those involved in mobilizing our youth ministries in this area to better reach our youth. What an amazing group of people! They are so passionate about having the Gospel shared with every teenager in San Diego county. It was a pleasure to be a part of this group. I've been invited back and I expect that God will use these connections as another way to find those teens that He wants to call into missions and Bible Translation.
As for the rest of my days, I am waiting. Waiting for my organization to give me the "go-ahead" to actually work. I am working from home, not even going in to the office these days. I must have confirmation of 100% support before I can officially begin my job. I am not allowed to even accept speaking engagements until they are confident that I don't have to return to CT for "partnership development". In the meantime I'm contacting those who have been a part of my team this last year with the EFCA and writing letters. I am sure that it is just a matter of time, that Summer is upon us and peoples lives are very busy. Prayer request? That those who plan to continue with me to my organization will let it know. I imagine for some it feels like they are recommitting. In fact it's really just a change of authority from the EFCA to my organization.
In the meantime, we're having HOT weather and even some storms! I am getting excited about what God has in store for me in youth ministry and missions here in Southern California!
Thanks for praying!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we contact your organization to find out about sponsorship? I don't know if I can, but I am praying about it. I don't want to commit, even a little, unless I can fulfil the committment. But I need to know where to get more information.

Anonymous said...

please email me so I can have your current email address.....Elaine NY

Anonymous said...

I'm with "anonymous"...I was wanting to e-mail you today but I'm not sure if the one I have is current. Hope you are doing well.

Kathy Ehmann