BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Balloons and Sunsets


I'm back in California and getting ready to go to Florida to get involved in some ministry training. We will be learning how to use some software that we need to track new members to our organization.
In the meantime, I have a few days to get connected again. I had youth group again last night and am slowly learning kids names. Of course the ones I had memorized didn't show last night and I had a bunch of news ones to learn! The kids are quizzing me on it already too! The group of adult leaders get together for "dinner" after group and hang out. It's so refreshing to have a group of new friends to hang out with who also love teens. :-) Thanks for praying! Also, tonight I have my second small group meeting. I want to get involved this way because our church doesn't have Sunday School, so this is the only way to really get to know people at church! I'll be missing next week, as I'll be in Florida, but they are all understanding!
The first pictures were my first chance to catch the balloons of Temecula in action! I happened to have my camera when they were landing, so I caught them over the vineyards. There were three of them and Temecula wine country is known for their ballooning. The next two pictures are of one of the many beautiful sunsets I get to watch from my deck. :-)
Christmas is approaching, and I don't have lots of time to enjoy it at home, so I'm decorating and getting "in the mood". I thought maybe I ought to have a goodbye party for my first friend Rio as she heads to Asia to be involved in ministry there for 6 months. She is an amazing young woman and I am so glad that God put her in my life as an example. If there could be more young women like her!!! I wish you ALL could meet her. You'd be amazed.
Enjoy your first official week of the Christmas season! It all goes so fast, doesn't it?
Dagney

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it cool that no matter where you are God still gives us beautiful sunsets. We miss you here in WI but glad to hear all your exciting God news.
The Bartz's