BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ministry and dog training!


Aren't they cute? Meet Gypsy! Your new client!
This week I've got really fun news! Through me, you my partners are able to supply some help to a colleague of mine in training his dog! A fellow missionary here has an adopted dog who is in need of some basic training. I am able to assist using my professional skills and do it free of charge, which to this family, who is severely low on support, is the only way they would be able to get help. I feel as though you, my partners are the ones giving this help to them. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. So through me you are blessing another missionary! It is such a strong feeling that I am not able to sufficiently communicate this. I really feel like a conduit! Who would've thought that I could use my dog training to be a direct blessing to a missionary. Fun! I'll keep you updated on her progress as we work with her through the next 6 weeks. She is shy and fearful and many of her issues stem from her fears. I expect to see big changes in her very soon. She is afraid of people and dogs, submissive pee's and has a bit of separation anxiety. Wait until you hear what happens next. We're going to apply some basic obedience and she is going to blossom!
I'm doing youth group and loving it too. There are lots of new things to do in the office as well. So life is coming at me pretty quick. I'm learning to keep it within the right boundaries.
Thank you for checking. Aren't you proud of me? I've updated three weeks in a row now!
Thanks for your support and your interest!

2 comments:

Jess B said...

You are amazing. Your personality comes through so well in your posts. I'm so thankful we got to meet you. :) I love hearing that you're up to out there. And I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great dog story sharing. It is fun to watch God work.