BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 03, 2008

I've been in Dallas

Last week I went to Dallas to do some recruiter training for our organization. We got a tour of the facility there and learned as much as we could cram into our brains about how and why we do what we do. My co-worker Tracy and my supervisor Ron and I spent our last few hours down in Fort Worth at the historic Stockyards! Good to see some history of a place when you visit.
While at the training, I came across an old friend! A guy named Michael, whose picture I put here. He was a member of my YouthBuilders 2003 team to Thailand! He and I enjoyed lots of laughs and talks when in Thailand and it was such a surprise to see him at our organizations facility in Dallas! I got to catch up and find out about him completing Moody BI and going on to study linguistics with his new wife. Wow. Where does the time go? I was so blessed though, to find that a Youthbuilders member is pursuing full-time missionary work! Of course I had to tell Gordy and Bear!
This week I met with some chaplains on Camp Pendleton and we are together planning a meeting on base, of a gathering of local churches. We want to present the needs of students on base and see if local churches can help. Pray that I can get in contact with all the churches that could help and that the Holy Spirit would call many of them to assist in youth ministry on the base.
I had my first sleepover with my new youth group girls! 9th grade and we had a really good time! I was blessed by watching them interact and we're already talking about doing it again! Thank you God for blessing me with this activity. I see a deeper level of relationship building and that is just what I prayed for!
The office here in Temecula also had a closing celebration this Tuesday. A few people came from Orlando and many from the local area who are working remotely or are retired. We had a good time of fellowship and of sharing memories. Of course, I didn't have as much to say as I was the newest member, but I could tell it was a healthy closure time for most.
I got really good news this week! I have a new office! I will be working out of the National Network of Youth Ministries office in San Diego. It will mean a 1 1/2 hr commute, but I am gonna try to make it work. We'll see. This is a super opportunity for me though, as it will keep me right there in front of important people in youth ministry. My organization will be a resource for those there who need input from a missions organization, regarding youth ministry. It's nice to have a plan for the future too! I'll move in there May 1.
It's been cold here in SoCal. I understand our weather has been the same as Menomonie, WI! Ah, Spring! brrrrr. :-)
Thanks for checking in again!

0 comments: