BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 25, 2008

San Diego and Youth ministry meeting



Well, it's been over a week now since I last wrote. Since then, my parents came out to visit for the weekend last. The pictures are of the Balboa Park area, and as you can see it's peak rose season!
The Camp Pendleton meeting was last night and it went really well. God drew 9 churches and 13 people, apart from the three of us leaders. The two chaplains did a super job, we had two videos of military moms answering questions about how we could help address their needs. It was very evident that God was in it, as the people who came were passionate about being involved and one church has even been praying for an opportunity like this for a few years now! The Base chaplain is very open to taking assistance and will do all he can to allow us to assist with the youth on base. We are all excited, and i am honored that God is allowing me to have a piece of the action. Not only am I able here to find ways to help more youth, but these are military youth too!
Throughout the process of contacting churches to come to this meeting, I've met and spoken to a number of really good contacts, one of them being the MCYM, or Military Community Youth Ministry. We have been able, through God, to connect with a few really good networks of ministries. It is gonna be really exciting to see how God moves in order to minister to the kids on this base. For some reason He is moving now, and boy am I glad that I get to be a part of it! We're just stepping up to something God has already begun. Can't get any easier than that!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dags:

It was so great to get caught up with yo tonight! Thanks for the conversation! It helps to hear your voice (I know I've told you that I miss you but it really is true). :-)
I read your blog after we got off the phone. I meant to ask you about Camp Pendleton then forgot. So glad you wrote about it so that I'm not completely in the dark.
I'll be praying for you (especially now) with the stress of another office move and having to commute in combination with relationship stuff. I love you girl.
Goodnight for now: Brenda