BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 19, 2006

Taking Peirogies to Wisconsin

Trying to get all those little things done before I leave. I have learned to appreciate certain ethnic foods here in New England. Through the hospitality of a good friend and supporter I learned how to make peirogies this week. Elaine Eli has made these mashed potatoe filled pastries almost all here life. This Polish traditional food is a rarity to me. Having learned how to make really (I mean really) good Italian "sauce" last year from another good friend, I wanted to take this Polish meal with me as well.
We made Onion and potatoe peirogies and even tried some with sweet potatoe! YUM. Smelled great, and tasted great too. Kinda heavy on the carb content, but what they hey, ethnic food is totally worth it!
On the support front, you have to know! I am now at 96% support and climbing! I have set a move date for June 3. Mom, Dad, Sharma and I will drive out of Connecticut on Saturday and arrive in Menomonie late Sunday evening. We're currently making plans for moving, such as which truck to rent and how much I must move. Although we've packed a lot so far, we still have a bunch to do; and we're all sure that it will be a very busy moving day!
Tonight I will be attending the last meeting of a monthly winetasting group, that I have been with for the last year and a half. They have heard that I'm leaving now, for the last year, and they can hardly believe this will actually be my last. This group of people is quite diverse, made up of a few Americans and a number of resident Turkish folks. What a wonderful group of people and a great opportunity it has been to represent Christ amoung them. They know I'm leaving to be a missionary and they have had very good questions. I will miss them very much.
Next week will be filled with not only packing, but also a number of "lasts" as well. Youth group, another dinner with friends, and a girls day out on Saturday. It's amazing how fast this is coming on.
I am still praying that God will supply the remaining $166 dollars per month of support, as well as another daily prayer partner. I know He will. Some have said that well, 96% is good enough. But I know God better now, and as Brother Andrew would say God supplies His people Royally and that means to me to the full extent, not just good enough. He said to me, "I will do for you all that you ask", and I'm asking to fulfill what the authorities over me require, 100%. So, I am faithfully trusting God to complete that, as He has done so amazingly these last few weeks.
Thanks for your support and your time! I look forward to sharing this adventure with you! Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Nomad said...

Isn't it amazing how one step toward Him, becomes 100 steps when He moves toward us. :-) Never late, but rarely early.