BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ice Fishing!

I'm getting a chance to experience the real Wisconsin. Here is Gordy and me with our ice fishing trophies. Monday afternoon Gordy took me for my first ice fishing trip. He set 4 lines for Northern's which is what we got, and we fished a number of other holes for "pan fish". There is about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground now, which is making the local population really happy. Snowmobiler's, cross-country skiers and general outdoorsy sorts are saying "finally"!
I'm out of town right now in "sunny" Orlando, for a conference/retreat. We're talking youth ministry and missions. I'll have more to update you soon. Actually, don't be jealous. It's overcast and only slightly warm. (60's)
Oh! some stuff has come up with my youth group kids. Please pray that I have lots of wisdom, that they share their troubles with me openly and that God is pleased to use me in their lives. I want to be, but I am not able alone. I need Him to do it, I just hope He does it through me.
Loving Wisconsin, loving God and excited about the future- whatever that is!
Dagney

4 comments:

john and shevawnRamsey said...

hey Dagney, thanks for hanging out with us at nextGen retreat...
Can you teach me to Ice Fish?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Heart said...

Ice Fishing!!! Now that makes me jealous! I have always wanted to do that. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

so why does the Blog Administrator remove a comment? Just curious! mom