BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A bit of the Pine Summit Weekend Camp

I want you to meet the staff that have been running the program here at Pine Summit Camp. What a great group of missionaries! From Left to Right: Linda (recruiter and lady who shaved her head to donater her hair to "Locks of Love"), Michelle (little Philippino lady who lived and taught in the Philippines for 3 years), in back and with beard, Paul Smith (recruiter and lived in Surinam), next Paul Smith with hat on and wife Karen (pilot in Brazil) mustache fellow is Norm (head of recruitment for the Southwest region), next with hat Ron ("SoCalRon" a NextGen coworker) and finally Joyce (wife of bearded one , recruiter in Orlando). I have had such a great time, learning about this organization, speaking on behalf of them to teens and their leaders and hanging out with teens. I feel even more sure of my calling to this organization and even more impressed with what they are doing worldwide!
Here is an example of the crazy things that JrHighers will do to earn a "button"!! Really! She drank the combined leftovers of all of our breakfasts simply to earn a button!
The next shot is of me in one of our "tribal Times". These sessions were times where the kids learned about a newly reached tribe. Our tribe was the Moskona, a tribe in Indonesia. We learned what their culture is like and what the challenges were in translating the scriptures into the Moskona's heart language. We had great interaction and participation and I learned a great deal about how this organization works! I was absolutely honored to also speak to the assembly during our evening meeting last night, on how I was called to missions and about how they can too. God was pleased to speak through me and I was so amazed at how He did it. I am so excited that God has chosen to use me this way. I see my new job forming right before my eyes and it's scary and exciting! It may be that I will be working in San Diego, because of the response that they are having here! That will present some problems for my support level, but if God determines it He will also provide!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dags:
I am absolutely thrilled for you that you are enjoying your time with Wycliff out in beautiful California! I'm so glad to hear more about how you see God leading you. I'm so proud to call you my friend! I love reading your blog and seeing what you've been up to.
Are you working on your tan this week? :-)
Miss you tons! Brenda Allingham

Nomad said...

Talk about a SMALL change of scene. Wintry, midwest to California in the summer. I am guessing one of the needs for increased support costs would be a COMPLETE change of wardrobe. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey dagney- i'm sorry to hear you are leaving us here at reachglobal :( but i love wycliff people (good friends of mine are with them and served in P) so i know you are in good hands. blessings to you :)