BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 20, 2007

Training Camp

Here I am in Florida. I am here to learn the in's and out's of my new job. The best part so far, apart from meeting the missionaries in this group; was the Scripture Celebration. The whole community here gathered to celebrate the completion of 4 New Testaments. One secret translation which was represented by a candle and 3 others from across the globe. It was an amazing gathering! Wow. Talk about thrilling. One of these translator couples began their work in 1975!!! They just finished last year!
I will be here for another week. We are putting in long days and have homework at night. As the days progress I am more and more impressed with the organization and the level of excellence in which they serve God.
Did you know that the people who will be the translators to finish the Vision 2025 are today, only 12-14 years old? That's why I'm here! To get the youth of America (and elsewhere) involved in missions and the task of Bible Translation! Thank you God!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you'll be joining me out here in the C-A pretty soon!! (Mothers always know everything about everyone somehow, haha.) That is sooo exciting!! :oD

-Melissa