BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

From There to Here

Before you read this one, notice that this is the second one I posted today. There is another new post below!!
So a friend of mine informed me that moving is one of the top 10 most stressful life events! Huh. So, that's why I feel the way I do!! :-) As you can see from the first picture, we left on a beautiful Wisconsin day. I would have enjoyed the farmland more had it not been for the tears in my eyes. Our first stop was Omaha NE. We were then on to Colorado Springs and Santa Fe, then to Kingman AZ, and on to CA. We stopped to see friends two times and both times were blessed and encouraged on our way. We saw some beautiful rows of corn, sunsets, mountains and desert. Did you know desert can be beautiful? I may not want to LIVE there, but it IS pretty!
We arrived in CA all in one piece, Dad having driven the truck the whole 2,000+ miles!! Thanks DAD! Some help arrived from the Temecula office the evening we drove in and we managed to unload the entire truck. My new neighbors, who own the home I'm living in were there as well, moving in boxes and carrying the stuff one load at a time. Wow! It takes much less time to unload those big trucks than to meticulously load them!
The next few days were emotional for me. I am grateful that my parents are so patient. I was not, and never have been one to take moving easily. Each time I move it seems harder. How does that happen? Age? Anyway, after a few days I began to feel better and began to enjoy the lovely scenery surrounding me. God once again has really blessed me and arranged just what He knew ahead of time I would need and enjoy. I live in the beautiful mountainous farmland of Southern CA. We have orange groves and vineyards and horse paddocks all around. It's lovely! I still get to drive through farmland to get to the office! He knew I would enjoy that!
Before Mom and Sharma left to head back to Connecticut, she took Sharma and I to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I couldn't pass up the silliness of the turtle costume!!
I am now settling into the office routine in Temecula. I met with my new boss for the first time today and we talked about our dreams for the future of NextGen and how we can help build relationships with youth pastors and youth ministries in Southern CA. I have a feeling that the pace of life will speed up quickly. I also think that I will enjoy the job! I already am heading off to help staff a language training camp in the mountains of CA next week and will have the opportunity to learn some more in depth translation work and hang out with a couple of seriously interested highschool students. Hit the ground running!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that you have arrived safe and sound. We're excited to see where God takes you here at Wycliffe and we'll keep you in our prayers as you adjust to new living patterns and make new friends.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report. Looks like a great start. All God's best for you in this new stage.

Anonymous said...

great to see your comments and pictures. Some of the girls I met and feel I know! am proud of you following the Lord but miss you! love, mum

Jess B said...

I'm so glad to hear that the move went well! I hope you enjoy your new home in Cali. Thanks for all the pix (both posts) I love seeing what you're up to. Keep in touch.

(BTW, Tucker is here...a bit early, but healthy!)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...you're in CA!! When can I come visit you??

-Melissa